Monday, August 5, 2013

Nothing Yet - Listening for God & Jesus


My Palms are UP and I have been praying on Deuteronomy 6:5.  I am listening, looking and waiting to hear from God.  I haven't felt strongly called to anything yet, but I am staying open.

Lysa Terkeurst  says in What Happens When Women Say Yes to God, every circumstance, every person, each encounter is a divine appointment.  EVERYDAY COUNTS!  She also says that we are most likely to find God outside our comfort zone and to be honest the past few days have been very cozy.  Not on purpose, but just daily flow of life has been very quiet and simple.

But I think it is important to recognize that not everyone is going to have a burning bush moment everyday.  And when others are having those experiences that is what they need in the moment.

It just occurred to me that God was silent for hundreds of years in the Old Testament and being quiet for just a few days for me is no big deal.  This is about trusting the Lord, knowing His timing is perfect. (In that revelation I think I just "heard" from HIM!)

I am so thankful that the team at Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies, shared some key points of the conference call last night, even for people that could not attend.  I was so curious for the knowledge they were sharing about how to know when you hear God.  Here are the take away points:

5 Questions for Discovering God's Will.  It is God you are Hearing?


  1. Does what I am hearing line up with God's Word (Scripture)?
  2. Is what I am hearing consistent with God's Character?
  3. Is what I am hearing confirmed through other messages?
  4. Is what I'm hearing beyond me?  If so, is God asking me to trust Him?
  5. Would what I hear please God?

No comments:

Post a Comment