Friday, August 2, 2013

I need you Jesus?

I did a Google search on "how to know Jesus" and an article came up through the Campus Crusades for Christ.  The article was really helpful and well written, but the ending prayer is what got me.

"Lord Jesus, I need You. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life. Take control of the throne of my life. Make me the kind of person You want me to be."
I just couldn't feel it.  So I decided to read it line by line.

Lord Jesus, I need You.

And I couldn't go on.  My mind kept saying, "You don't need Jesus.  You have done fine without him."

And I realized for the first time Satan knows how to use my own voice.  So all those times I thought I was listening to my intuition, was that true?

The article also said the only way to know God was through knowing Jesus.  Which is not true for me. I feel like I have always been able to connect to the Great Creator.  I pray to God, I thank God, I see God's beauty in this world.  It is a relationship with Jesus that I always have felt is lacking.

So after about a day, I have come back to the prayer.  I have tried again.

Lord Jesus, I need You.

Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins.

I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord.

Thank you for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life.

Take control of the throne of my life.

Make me the kind of person You want me to be.

Lord Jesus, I am calling for you.

Please come into my life.

I want to be the person you want me to be.

I want to have you in the center.

Even if it is challenging, I am calling for you.

I am sure.  I want this relationship with you.

Please help me to know you.

In Your Name I pray.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment