Sunday, August 4, 2013

Heart, Soul and Strength


This is the study verse for the week in the #YestoGod Bible Study.  

After reading chapter 1 in What Happens When Women Say Yes to God, the points that stood out most for me were:

  • Saying YES, means making the choice to trust God, even when you can't understand WHY.
  • Radical Obedience is Biblical Obedience and the overwhelming desire to walk in the center of God's will at every moment.
  • Surrender each day to the Lord
  • Don't let the fear you will mess-up hold you back or cause you to stumble.
Fear, that is the big issue.  Fear, I will not hear from God.  Fear, I will not have a relationship with Jesus.  Fear, I will fail when God asks me to say Yes!

But if I LOVE God with all my heart and all my soul and all my strength, it pushes away that fear.  The darkness is overcome by the light of Jesus.

To keep the verse in my mind and spirit, I will make Deuteronomy into my personal affirmation for this week.  Lord God, I love you with all my heart, with all my soul and with all my strength.  When fear creeps in, this will be my mantra.  Followed by, My palms are up and I say Yes!

Do you have your palms up?  Are you saying yes?  Are you afraid too?


No comments:

Post a Comment